Information Updated June 2016.
It is quick and easy to get a Vietnam Visa in Phnom Penh. Here are three ways to do it:
1) Get your Vietnam Visa at the Vietnam Embassy in Phnom Penh
We’ve read a lot of negative reviews online about getting your visa at the Vietnam Embassy, but we gave it a shot anyway. Turns out it couldn’t have been easier and we definitely recommend it!
Bonus: the Embassy is 5 minutes from the Russian Market neighborhood by tuk tuk, which gives you a great excuse to go shopping at the market or try some of the best restaurants in Phnom Penh!
Vietnam Embassy Location: #436 Preah Monivong Blvd (Street 93), Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Hours: 8:30AM-11:30AM and 2:30PM-5PM
Website: Vietnam Embassy Phnom Penh
What you will need to bring:
- One 4×6 size passport picture
- An address for where you will stay in Vietnam (We Googled a random guest house in Saigon and wrote that address in)
Application forms are available inside the Vietnam Embassy and take about 5-10 minutes to fill out.
Tourist Visa Costs at the Vietnam Embassy in Phnom Penh as of June 2016
Single Entry 1 Month Visa $40USD, takes 24 hours.
Multiple Entry 1 Month Visa $50USD, takes 24 hours.
Single Entry 3 Month Visa $50USD, takes 24 hours.
Multiple Entry 3 Month Visa $75, takes 48 hours.
Same day pick-up is available for a fee.
Pick-Up: Anytime after 9AM.
The Following Countries Get 15 Days Visa Free (Show your passport at the border. No fee. No paperwork.)
Visit for 30 days Visa Free:
Visit for 21 Days Visa Free:
Visit for 14 Days Visa Free:
Be sure to check your visa before leaving the Vietnam Embassy to ensure that you received what you requested. If you want to keep your receipt you may need to ask for it.
2) Get your Vietnam Visa through a Travel Agent
The fee for getting your Vietnam Visa through a Travel Agency or guest house should only be a few dollars, which is comparable to the cost of taking a tuk tuk to and from the Vietnam Embassy to drop off and pick up your passport.
Near Russian Market:
• East West Travel Co. #16 Street 57
• 2World Travel #270eo Mao Tse Toung Blvd. (Corner of Street 199)
Near Central Market:
• Lucky! Lucky! Motorcycles #413Eo Monivong Blvd (west side, about 50 yards south of the intersection with Street 182)
• Sorya Travel Street 63 near BKK market
Near the Riverside:
• LMN Travel Agency #211 Sisowath Quay (on the Riverside near Paddy Rice Irish pub)
3) Get your Vietnam Visa On Arrival
Some nationalities can also get a Vietnam Visa on arrival if traveling through airports. You do need to do a bit of paper work ahead of time.
Read about the process to get a Vietnam Visa On Arrival.
From the Vietnam Visa On Arrival website it appears that getting a 3-Month Multiple Entry Visa On Arrival is $25 cheaper than getting it through the Vietnam Embassy in Phnom Penh.
Was this post helpful? Pin it for later!
Have you gotten a Vietnam Visa in Phnom Penh? How was your experience? Do you have a travel agency to recommend?
Share in the comments!
Traveling to Cambodia?
Sign up to receive our free guide for ten awesome places to go in the country!